Electricity prices have experienced extraordinary increases over the past 12 months due to uncertainty around generation (see Figure 1). Prices have consistently gone up to the point where they are now double what they were two years ago.
Figure 1 – Australian Power Index
This brings a new reality to business owners as there is currently no sign of prices going back down anytime soon. The time for action is now.
Western Sydney Business Centre partnered up with one of Australia’s largest independent business energy brokers, Make It Cheaper to help businesses in this extremely volatile energy market.
By working with a panel of energy retailers, Make It Cheaper can remain completely independent and focus wholly on getting you the best outcome according to your interests and energy needs.
“Our experienced commercial and industrial account managers work tirelessly to negotiate the best possible energy contract; on your behalf. We don’t just negotiate energy contract, we help make managing energy easy.” – Doug Payne, Director of C&I.
What measures can business operators take to counter price hikes?
- Use a trusted advisor: To help negotiate the lowest possible energy rates on your behalf.
- Optimise tariff structure: Ensure your electricity is in the lowest cost market and is on the lowest cost network tariff structure.
- Monitor: Monitor the way your business consumes power to identify wastage.
- Change behaviour: Change behaviour in your business and eliminate needless waste.
- Invest in energy efficiency: Energy efficiency is a general term that may encompass upgrades such as lighting, power factor correction, variable speed motors and drives, natural refrigerant upgrades and more.
- Invest in generation: Solar is the most obvious and viable generation solution for business. Solar panels are at the cheapest they have ever been. However, whether or not to invest will depend on a range of factors such as property ownership and available roof space.
Make It Cheaper can assist with all of the solutions identified above, whether that be through their expert advice and consultancy services of by referring you on to one of their industry partners.
Make It Cheaper can investigate your current contract, their energy experts are here to help.
In one quick phone call Make It Cheaper can; compare gas and electricity prices, calculate potential savings, figure out which plan meets your individual needs and switch your current energy provider.
Call (02) 8077 0043 for free energy analysis or click HERE to upload a recent energy bill.